Decent work and economic growth
Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
Examples of Sandvik's contribution to UN global goal 8
- Decent working conditions are a prerequisite set out in our Code of Conduct and in our Supplier Code of Conduct. We respect the ILO Declaration on fundamental principles and rights at work, as well as principles 4, 5 and 6 of the UN Global Compact. We have a strict prohibition against forced, slave and child labor.
- Safety for our employees and contractors is a highly prioritized area. One of our long-term sustainability goals is zero harm to people.
- AutoMine® mining automation solution removes people from hazardous areas to a safer and healthier environment. Read more on rocktechnology.sandvik
Learn about how we contribute to other UN Global Goals
- SDG 3: Good health and well-being
- SDG 5: Gender equality
- SDG 7: Affordable and clean energy
- SDG 9: Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- SDG 12: Responsible consumption and production
- SGD 13: Climate action