Rock Tools Technical Service Representative
Choose language for your job application
Select your desired language below to proceed with the job application.
- Deadline: 4 Apr
- Country: Canada
- Location: Lively, ON
- Job-ID: 350475
- Job category: Sales
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is seeking a
Rock Tools Technical ServiceRepresentative
Location: Lively, ON
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Rock Tools Technical Service Representative is responsible for service and technical support/testing of rock tool products offered, in order to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty and to support key sales strategies and objectives. A key aspect of this role will be the management and execution of technical service programs for external and internal customers. This will include product demonstration and testing, product performance investigations and training of customer and Sandvik personnel.
The position will be based in Lively, ON with the expectation of travelling within the assigned territory (up to 50%).
Technical Service and Support
- Works as part of the account team to support sales objectives and strategies.
- Provides technical service and support to all accounts.
- Conducts product testing.
- Conducts site visits to proactively monitor product performance and application.
- Investigates product performance issues.
- Provides training and mentoring to customer and company personnel into best practices in the application of rock tools.
- Provides written summary reports for all onsite visits, testing and product investigations.
- Liaises with Sandvik product support and specialists to address customer requirements.
- Effectively communicates all account activities and concerns to the sales and account management team.
- Works with the Tools Sales and Service Representatives and Account Managers to develop and execute the customer account plans.
- Builds long-term relationships with customers in assigned territory.
- Liaises between Customers and SMRT to ensure all issues are settled in a timely manner.
- Responsible for overall customer satisfaction.
- Provides the Company with regular status reports on business activities, opportunity development and overall satisfaction of the Customers base.
- Stays current with industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting sales and customers.
- Continues growth in technical expertise of SMRT through ongoing training and communications with product specialists and support teams.
- Provides leadership in the introduction of new SMRT products and provides direction on product selection that is best suited to the customers’ site specific conditions.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with SMRT safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik’s products.
- Undertake safety audits and inspections as agreed.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
- Proactively ensures community involvement within the area of responsibility.
Required Skills and Education:
- Secondary School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in a technical field is an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related industry
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Knowledge of the relevant industry and ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong computer skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access)
- Ability to travel as required up to 50% within the assigned territory
- Eligible to legally work in Canada
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals can apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Rock Tools Technical Service Representative job opening # 350475.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted
Deadline: 4 Apr